April 7, 2011

MUST READ ARTICLE: Hermès Handbag Heritage Under Assault!


Can the proud Hermès family resist the advances of LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton's Bernard Arnault?
As you ladies know I am an avid reader of BusinessWeek and I just read an awesome article about the French luxery brand, Hermès. LVMH (Louis Vuitton Group) has secretly bought 20% of the family owned Hermès brand. I was really shocked when I read this article and noticed that LVMH owns so many brands like Italian jewelry maker Bulgari. Oh and did you know that it takes at least two years on the waiting list to get your hand on an 
Hermès Kelly bag?! Here is a little excerpt. I highly suggest reading the article!




   

"When the news came over the car radio that Arnault had taken a big stake in the company. 
'We were all in shock"

No comments:

Post a Comment